Job ID: 206599429
1 - 3 years
Provides comprehensive primary health care including health promotion and disease prevention activities for CHS patients. Provides specialized care to CHS HIV-infected and HCV-infected patients as well as patients with other types of infectious diseases in accordance with applicable standards of care, Responsible for the provision of quality health care for acute and chronic medical problems. Refer patients to consultants for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment procedures as appropriate. Acts as health advocate for assigned patients.
- Work with multidisciplinary team as part of the Infectious Disease program. Complete administrative and Ryan White grant guideline duties as assigned. Meet with multidisciplinary team on a regular basis for clinical and administrative purposes.
- Collaborate with and provide clinical supervision to advanced practitioners as required. Collaborate with HIV Program Manager on clinical areas of grant writing, quality improvement issues, and other areas as appropriate.
- Provides direct health care to patients presenting for care at CHS with or without appointments.
- Diagnose and provide treatment to HIV-infected and HCV-infected patients and patients with other infectious diseases. Provide appropriate consultation to other departments as appropriate. Consult with providers of other clinical departments as needed.
- Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patients. Perform risk assessment, history of opportunistic infection, and other data relevant to the staging and management of HIV-infected patients and HCV-infected patients.
- Create and maintain accurate and timely documentation in accordance with standards of care and CHS policies.
- Work closely with Infectious Disease support staff to ensure patient compliance with medical treatment, care and services plan.
- Participate in the Ryan White quality improvement plan.
- Maintain Infectious Disease clinical competence and certifications according to established educational protocols. Completing appropriate specialty requirements of CME.
- Perform and or order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests and procedures. Report findings on timely basis.
- Interview and advise patients regarding health and illness, care, treatment and prevention.
- Provide appropriate information and referrals to affected family members as identified by patients.
- Recommend community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Coordinate with Nursing and Ryan White staff to provide patient education regarding medications and treatment.
- Participate in organizational quality improvement, peer review and other activities as requested or assigned.
- Adhere to established clinical protocols and procedures.
- Provide professional supervision and training of assigned staff.
- Participate in staff medical education programs and patient health education activities as required. Participate in professional development activities and maintain professional affiliations. Attend required CHS meetings.
- Adhere to CHS policies and procedures, including those regarding the provision of care, Code of Conduct, confidentiality and human resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of professional medical practice and care to give and evaluate patient care.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations and procedures to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and techniques of medicine to provide on-going patient care.
- Skill in taking medical history, assessing medical conditions and interpreting findings.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
- Ability to maintain quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly.